[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/simple_html_dom.php on line 508: file_get_contents(http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=DFW) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
DFW Tower.com

Spacing

Any questions about DFW or any of its carriers?

Spacing

Postby eaglepilot on Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:52 am

I was just curious, does each airport have its own criteria for spancing on arrival. The reason I ask, is that at some airports, we are just touching down, as the previous aircraft is barely clear of the runway. At other airports we have what seems like a large gap between arrivals. I didnt know if this was an airport thing, or just the controllers discretion.

I am an IOE instructor for Eagle here at DFW, and I know we have some pilots that really like to slow on final, and others that like to do 250 to the marker. Didnt know if this messes things up for you guys or not.

Also,, I have a lot of new captains, and those are the guys who taxi at a snails pace...sorry. And the new hires,, I never know what they are going to say on the radio... That gets embarrassing at times.

Great web site
eaglepilot

Return to Questions