DFW, CBP to test facial recognition program

DFW News and other topics posted by our members.

DFW, CBP to test facial recognition program

Postby Greg on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:13 am

DFW Airport will spend $61,375.76 to "provide a facial recognition system for a trial program with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to facilitate more efficient boarding of passengers on departing international flights.

CBP has requested that a facial recognition system be installed at their terminal location as part of a
campaign to automate secure boarding of passengers on international flights. This system, developed by NEC Corporation, will satisfy a short-term requirement to deploy this system at two gate locations identified by CBP and the Airport's Customer Experience department. The system is developed to optimize the capture and pre-process facial images that are then sent to the CBP's Travel Verification Service and enables highly efficient and accurate matching.
Greg
Site Administrator

Re: DFW, CBP to test facial recognition program

Postby Capt. Ft. Worth on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Not a fan.

They have had this at Houston IAH and Atlanta ATL for some time. I always opt out since it is voluntary for US passport holders at this time. It in no way speeds up boarding or processing at this time, but I do realise it is a trial. I'll save any off colour comments for the off-topic section :lol:
Capt. Ft. Worth

Return to DFW News & Discussion